Friday, July 10, 2009

Ustica



Ustica is a small island just north of Palermo in Sicily. It's a cute little island with pretty much nothing on it. In fact, it's just a rock made from volcanic ash...but it also happens to be the self proclaimed diving capital of the world.

One of my dreams on this trip was to get my scuba certification in Italy. So I went and did it in Ustica where the water is as clear as the big sky. Some of the coolest things we saw in the water...barracuda.

IMG_3394[1]

IMG_3394[1]

IMG_3394[1]

I also met some cool people when we dove. The guy who looks like Fabio is Simone, my diving instructor. He's super cool and is into music. And the other two are Lars and Natasha...Lars was a keeper for a Romanian soccer team and is a total homie. (Find his group on facebook and join it).

IMG_4623

IMG_4629

One day when I had time, I rented a little scooter and took a tour around the island and saw some cool little gems (and did I mention that the water is clear?).

IMG_4534

IMG_4534

IMG_4534

IMG_4534

IMG_4534

IMG_4534

IMG_4534

No comments: